Allegedly, the Batman vs Superman Trailer leaked last night around 9:00 EST and it, sucked. The trailer is about two minutes long, and for about half of it, all we get is a black screen with voiceovers. I could understand if this was the teaser trailer, but different voices vaguely talking about Superman while all I see is darkness, should not be your trailer to entice. Who was this marketed at – Daredevil?
Then again, this could be the most lavished Internet trailer hoax to date – I pray to the movie trailer gods that it is. I am suspicious of this trailer for the following reasons:
1. The credits roll at the beginning and they look bland. There is no mention of the actors like Ben or anyone else.
We have already seen the official credits and they look totally different (see below)
2. After the credits roll, a colored version of the WB logo appears that is an odd choice for a Snyder movie.
Especially when a gray version appears immediately after.
3. The next thing we see is a city landscape. It looks ok (a bit blurry), but the water at the bottom right corner looks like video game water. Could it be just poor CGI? You be the judge.
4. What really bothered me was the close-up of Bruce Wayne (played by Ben Affleck). The screen goes blurry immediately (almost on purpose by the faker?) and we never see a clear picture of Ben portraying Bruce. Milliseconds later, the trailer becomes clear again as we see the cape and cowl (the same few seconds of it that were officially released the other day). So, the official video is clear as day but not Bruce’s face…hmmm.
5. We get a shot of Batman standing on a tower that looks eerily similar to the one in the Nolan trilogy. Almost as if the faker used the Nolan movie footage but digitally added a different looking Batman on the same tower.
6. The view of Batman emerging from some rubble looks like it was taken directly from a video game.
7. Web sites are running rampant with the video. It doesn’t seem like WB is trying to take the video down. Usually, when a trailer this huge leaks, the company does everything it can to take it down. You can watch the video here:
8. The trailer has foreign subtitles, which seems odd. Leaked trailers for movies this big that I have seen have always been American versions. Normally, the movie companies don’t want a crappy, leaked version of their trailer out there and will release the official version. So far, 12 or so hours have passed since the leaked trailer hit the net and there has been no response by WB.
Now, I could be totally wrong, and there are some images within the trailer that are clear as day that don’t look like they were faked:
Time will tell if this is the real thing or not. If it is the real thing, I’m sorry, but it didn’t grab me like the Star Wars trailer did. Consume. Review. Repeat. gives the Batman vs Superman (fake?) trailer a six out of ten Superman smirks