It’s the Dunkin Donuts Chips Ahoy Iced Coffee, and Holy Balls … it’s terrible.
I was pleasantly surprised a few weeks ago by Dunkin’s Oreo Iced Coffee. Read it here., so I figured that the Chips Ahoy would be a winner, too. I was wrong. Very Wrong. Very Very Wrong.
Ok. So what does Dunkin’s take on a Chips Ahoy taste like? Well, imagine a purely artificial vanilla extract dumped into a cup of mediocre coffee, some whole milk and a bunch of ice. Where the Oreo version provided a deep, dark, rich taste, this variety was overly bright as it put a full assault on my taste buds.
Consider these drinking instructions to enhance your experience:
- Roll into your DD on a blistering hot Summer’s day.
- Speak loudly and clearly while placing your order.
- Say please and thank you.
- After being handed your drink, walk directly into the bathroom.
- Remove lid.
- Dump down the sink.
- Send me a $ for saving your tongue the distress.
In conclusion, if you hate things that taste good, be sure to head over to the nearest DD for an Iced Coffee with Chips Ahoy!
For the rest of us, Consume.Review.Repeat. gives Dunkin Donuts Chips Ahoy Iced Coffee two Mateys out of 10.